At Remsoft you can have an impact on the sustainability of the world's forests without leaving your desk. We are seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Forester to join our Client Services team as a Solutions Analyst. The successful candidate will join a seasoned team of consulting practitioners, who have compiled an impressive track record of delivering exceptional value to clients around the world. With an opportunity to grow, learn and expand your career, you will focus on forest planning analyses, as well as related project work for a diverse global client base. This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
What you'll do
Undertake client services engagements, conduct planning analyses and provide some technical support. Tasks may include:
- Acquiring, processing, scrubbing and analysis of forest related data
- Developing and running planning models
- Compiling results for inclusion in reports
- Consult with clients to achieve their solution needs
- Remain up-to-date on developments and enhancements in Remsoft products and solutions and how these will impact customers
What you'll need
- B.Sc. in Forestry or a natural resources-related science
- 5+ years Forest operational experience
- Strong technical background with analytical competencies
- Very strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environmen
- M.Sc. in Forest Management, Forest Engineering or Operations Research/Analytics
- Familiarity with industry standard forest planning tools, especially Woodstock Optimization System
- Strong consulting skills (e.g. active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
- Training/experience in operations research techniques (linear programming, simulation, heuristics)
- Experience manipulating large datasets (e.g., SQL/database programming, R or SAS programming, VBA)
- Experience working on lengthy, multi-person, multi-vendor contracts
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Remsoft’s software solution uses data analytics to offer precise operational plans and schedules and long-term strategies that help businesses improve performance and productivity. Our proven software understands our client's data, applying it to the complex world they operate withinin. It produces actionable plans with absolute clarity so they can make the right decisions and mitigate risk.
Our team consists of experienced, intelligent and ambitious individuals who are highly committed to developing solutions that create a positive impact on our clients and in our community, both locally and globally. For over 25 years, Remsoft has been providing optimization technology that empowers organizations to maximize the performance and value of their assets in the natural resources sector, leading to sustainable management. Through advanced analytics, modeling and spatial optimization technology and services, we simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients to identify opportunities to improve margins, increase revenue, and maximize asset value, reporting savings or gains measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Not just an office with a great view - the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
Remsoft offers a competitive salary, benefits package and other perks (including corporate massage therapy, pop-corn and Nerf guns).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.