At Remsoft you can have an impact on the sustainability of the world's forests without leaving your desk. We are seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Forester to join our Client Services team as a Solutions Analyst. The successful candidate will join a seasoned team of consulting practitioners, who have compiled an impressive track record of delivering exceptional value to clients around the world. With an opportunity to grow, learn and expand your career, you will focus on forest planning analyses, as well as related project work for a diverse global client base. Remsoft is based in Fredericton, NB, Canada, but with the right candidate this role can be performed virtually.
What you'll do
Undertake client services engagements, conduct planning analyses and provide some technical support. Tasks may include:
- Acquiring, processing, scrubbing and analysis of forest related data
- Developing and running planning models
- Compiling results for inclusion in reports
- Consult with clients to achieve their solution needs
- Remain up-to-date on developments and enhancements in Remsoft products and solutions and how these will impact customers
What you'll need
- B.Sc. in Forestry, Operations Research/Analytics, natural resources-related science, or 5+ years forest operational experience
- Strong technical background with analytical competencies
- Very strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- M.Sc. in Forest Management, Forest Engineering or Operations Research/Analytics
- Familiarity with industry standard forest planning tools, especially Woodstock Optimization System
- Strong consulting skills (e.g. active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
- Training/experience in operations research techniques (linear programming, simulation, heuristics)
- Experience manipulating large datasets (e.g., SQL/database programming, R or SAS programming, VBA)
- Experience working on lengthy, multi-person, multi-vendor contracts
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over a quarter of a century, Remsoft has been the global leader in Optimization Software for Land-Based Asset Management. We've been working with over 150 clients around the globe, spanning 15 countries, to offer optimized planning and scheduling solutions across all land-based and infrastructure sectors. More than half a billion acres of land is managed globally and sustainably through Remsoft's products and services.
We use our technology and expertise to improve the condition and productivity of the world's land-based assets: forests, roads, energy resources and more. We help organizations develop business and environmental sustainability through optimized plans and schedules which enable the allocation of resources to achieve desired outcomes with more profitability, sustainability, mitigated risk, considering constantly shifting variables.
Since our roots are in forestry, we've always been thinking in futures and planning a generation ahead. As forward and future thinkers, this translates not only into profitability, but sustainability. We've been able to achieve this with our technology, talented team and a growing list of partners. We have an expert team with ongoing investment in research and development. We've done it, and we'll continue to do it. We are profitable, sustainable futurists for companies around the world in all sectors.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Not just an office with a great view - the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance… and we don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad and contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
We're totally invested in awesome, and we're proud to have gained the reputation of being a great place to work.
Remsoft offers an impressive showcase of work and life benefits to all its employees. These include:
Compensation & benefits
Competitive salaries, 100% employer paid benefits for employees, health and wellness benefit, paid parental leave, and training funding.
Tight knit team, flexible work hours, company-wide goals and visibility, annual 'Remsoft Day' holiday, catered monthly team lunch for all employees, team socials and celebrations, and weekly Friday Happy Hour.
On-site massage therapy, paid volunteer and personal days, flexible work hours, and the option of working from home