What is HeyOrca?
You probably have some experience in a tech company or project. The success of the outcome heavily relies on effective communication and "being on the same page" which is facilitatated by tools such as Jira, Confluence and Github that centralize the efforts of the team. Marketing teams are similar: they work on multiple projects like ads or social media and have to manage those project from ideation to distribution. HeyOrca is a web based tool to make sense of this chaos: bringing the marketing team and their clients together in one place to communicate, create and deliver. Think of it like Jira for marketing teams.
The QA Specialist
Our team is focused on delivering exciting features and improvements as fast as possible. But, we are also committed to a pleasant user experience and professional feel for our application. We can't do this without those heroes dedicated to preventing bugs and all the inconsistencies and confusion: the QA team [dramatic music intensifies].
And that's where we need you. We are looking for a software tester with a detail oriented mind who will join our small QA team and help them with executing and developing our quality assurance process.
What you'll do
Your responsibilities revolve around ensuring the quality of work at various stages of the software development process, from ideation to post-release:
- Manually testing feature changes to qualify project progress
- Documenting and prioritizing bugs
- Testing bug fixes to qualify the solution before we update the customers
- Testing staging environment to ensure core functionality before release
- Testing after release to confirm release health
- Documenting project requirements to qualify project results
- Communicating with the Customer Success team on product changes that should be communicated to the customers
- Optional: Automating manual tests
What you'll need
- Extremely detailed oriented and process oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Available to work from the office in St. John's
- Having prior QA experience is a big plus
- Understanding Git workflows, being familiar with Linux command line or having programming experience is a big plus
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
HeyOrca was founded to answer a simple question:
How can we make planning and collaboration seamless between marketing agencies and their clients?
With a little creativity and a TON of hustle we’ve built the ultimate sandbox for social media planning, collaboration, and approvals.
Read more about us at: https://www.heyorca.com/careers
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Before we tell you about HeyOrca, read what others think of us:
HeyOrca was founded in January 2015, has passed two rounds of investment by some of the best venture capital funds in Atlantic Canada and now consists of about 30 brilliant minds. We mainly work from our office location in St. John's with an open office concept where you can literally turn your head to listen to sales calls, ask our designer for feedback or get some help from your colleagues. That doesn't mean we don't know how to focus: feel free to put on your headphones or go to one of the quiet office rooms to work.
We believe that HeyOrca is the right place for you, if:
- You want more than just another job
- You are eager to face new challenges every day
- You value learning and self improvement
- You proactively take ownership of new problems
At the end of the day, a company is only the sum of its people and we genuinely can't say enough of this team. We want amazing people like you to be part of this, grow with us and have a fulfilling career.
PS. We actually have many more positions open, so check them out and spread the word if you like what we do.