We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment and be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
What you'll do
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate software QA activities
- Coordinate with Engineering and Project teams to assess requirements and engage in project review and status meetings
- Develop, maintain, and execute software- and hardware-related test cases and test suites
- Implement a plan and framework to automate existing manual test cases
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are identified, documented, tracked and resolved
- Become very familiar with the Kraken line of products, including both software and hardware components
- Record QA results in an issue tracking system (Jira, Asana) and/or version control system (Subversion, Git), as appropriate
- Be a role model and mentor for team members while setting performance standards
What you'll need
- Experience leading a team of software QA specialists / testers
- A minimum of five years experience in a software QA role
- Ability to develop and execute exploratory tests, regression tests, and automated tests, in order to ensure product quality
- Ability to develop test plans, test cases, automated scripts as well as traceability matrices.
- Knowledge of different scripting languages and coding best practices
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong ability and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively within a team environment
- High degree of organization, incredible attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- A technical background, specifically in ocean technology or the subsea sector, would be considered an asset
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com