Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) is looking for a proactive and professional individual to join our team as a QA Tester. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing and maintaining the Learninglogics suite of applications, including the Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS), which are currently being used on many large-scale military contracts. You will be involved throughout the product evolution including design review, testing, and in-service support. You will work closely with the rest of the team to build robust applications that are used around the world.
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts including:
- System Test and Evaluation Plans.
- Regression Test Plans.
- Acceptance Test Plans.
- Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs).
- Acceptance Test Reports.
- Execute test cases and report test results to support:
- Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Verification Testing.
- Requirements Validation.
- Identify, document and ensure resolution of software issues.
- Analyze tests for coverage of performance, data, and functionality.
- Report on quality of multiple products and the release readiness of the products.
- Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Participate in the establishment of software quality standards for life cycle, documentation, development methods, testing and maintenance.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with other functional team, suppliers, and contractors.
- Carry out feature, regression, and integration tests across all aspects of our simulation products.
- Provide customer support for existing products deployed in the field.
- Conduct customer support training.
- Conduct product demos.
- Design and develop automated test cases.
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- College diploma or University degree in related field (or equivalent).
- 2+ years of software testing experience, including writing test cases.
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches relating to desktop and web applications.
- Proficient in writing software test cases and test plans.
- Capable of working with partners and leadership to identify test scenarios based on system requirements.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner, including the ability to explain technical details to a non-technical person.
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of hardware testing and compatibility testing.
- Knowledge and experience with test automation (Selenium, Cyprus, etc.) an asset.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.