Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken Robotics is currently recruiting a Software Project Manager of our Sonar Systems in which you will be working in a dynamic team environment and be intersted in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products. This position will be based out of our Mount Pearl, NL, Canada office location.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute plans for software projects related to our sonar systems, including their scope, resources, and deadlines.
- Track project milestones, deliverables, and change requests
- Develop the software product roadmap in conjunction with the technical leads.
- Prioritize, organize, and maintain high-level software backlog, including issues, new features, and refactoring efforts.
- Work closely with production, sales, and business development to set and monitor timelines, milestones, and releases, and ensure successful delivery of software products.
- Provide regular progress updates.
- Support external software contracts and partnerships.
- Help organize the testing and evaluation of software products in various stages of completion.
- Carry out other tasks as required and within the competence of job holder.
What you'll need
• Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
• Proven project management experience (>4 years) using Agile and Scrum.
• Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
• Strong leadership, decision-making, organization, and communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interest in the technical challenges of the maritime industry
This position is based in Canada. Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with large-scale software development.
- Knowledge of embedded software and real-time data processing.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical engineering concepts.
- Knowledge or strong interest in signal processing of acoustic data.
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Self-driven and strong organizational skills to work on multiple projects alongside all of Kraken global offices
• Flexibility, team spirit and willingness to take responsibility
• Proficient in Office 365, including Teams and SharePoint
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.