As a Software Engineer at Bluedrop, you will be a member of the team responsible for developing and maintaining advanced VR and MR simulation software for training systems throughout the product evolution including software development, integration support and in-service engineering support. You will work closely with the other functional teams (3D modeling, System Integration, and Assembly) to build crew-based mission training devices using leading edge technology.
Hoist Mission Training System (HMTS)
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with the team by participating in code reviews, direct collaboration, and open discussion of ongoing work.
- Actively engage in further development of your existing skill set.
- Attempt re-create customer reported defects with the help of QA.
- Contributing to the evolution of our software development practices and architecture.
- Perform hardware/software integration tasks.
- Ensure relevant documentation and frameworks are kept up to date.
- Install software loads in preparation for hardware/software testing.
- Develop various land, air, and naval vehicle system simulation models.
- Perform unit and integration testing of simulation models.
- Create system testing documents.
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve software issues and deficiencies by proposing high-level design and technical solutions to issues that arise by subject matter experts and customers.
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent program).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with testers, and other developers.
- Strong software engineering skills with attention to detail and quality.
- Autonomy, creativity, and a good sense of initiative.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in 3D, math, object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code using modern object-oriented C++ standards and best practices.
Nice to have:
- Experience with .net desktop UI development.
- A thorough understanding of Windows operating systems and virtual environments.
- Simulation or Game industry experience would be an asset: Knowledge of industry tools such as Virtual Battlespace 3/4 (VBS3/4), Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine.
- Experience developing real-time physics-based simulation models (e.g., fluid flow dynamics, aerodynamic, kinematic, and game physics systems, etc.) desired.
- Knowledge of networks and networking concepts.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.