Are you a software professional that enjoys creating solutions that customers love? Do you thrive on seeing projects from concept to delivery? Do you like working in smaller teams and seeing the entire solution? Then we have a position for you. Our development team is growing, and we are looking for a strong developer who has a passion for developing high-quality eLearning products.
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Work with our core development team to plan, design, code, test, and deliver our web-based eLearning products.
- Build sophisticated, highly interactive, API driven web applications from the ground up for modern web browsers using popular frameworks
- Write clear, concise, well tested code and deploy it rapidly and iteratively
- Connect with various applications and data sources to integrate data and functionality
- Provide design and documentation at an application or function capability level
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in an Agile environment
- Participate in establishing and maintaining application standards and processes
- Analyze, diagnose, debug, execute, maintain, and document test cases/software problems
- Provide status/progress reports
- The Company may reasonably expand or limit such duties, responsibilities, and authority
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- A University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a combination of education and previous experience would be considered
- Experience working with the following languages: CSS, SQL, HTML & HTML5
- Strong knowledge of a common server-side framework like PHP, ColdFusion, or ASP.NET
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving
- Strong understanding of standards required to support multiple web browsers/versions and best practices required to get consistent results in both behavior and layout
- Self-motivated and strong desire to be part of a team
- Strong commitment to quality
- Care a lot about product and user experience and is able to think like a user
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.