We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented Software Devlopers to join our team to support our growing business. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and would be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
What you'll do
- Develop software for Kraken robotic or sonar systems, or the user interfaces to control those systems and visualize their data
- Participate in all aspects of software development, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, documentation, and testing
- Participate in peer code reviews to facilitate knowledge sharing and promote excellence in software quality
- Help with the continued development of our testing and dev-ops processes
What you'll need
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent design standards as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals such as testing, continuous integration, data structures, and agile development best practices
- Experience with at least one of:
- C++ on both Windows and Linux
- C# with a solid understanding of MVVM and/or MVC design patterns
- Full stack web development, using React, Node.js, and/or other modern web technologies
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Git, Python, Bash
- ROS or similar robotic frameworks
- Figma / Adobe xD or similar wireframe / mock-up software
- Data communications protocols and networking
- Control systems and/or robotic simulation (e.g. Gazebo)
- ARM-based development, specifically Nvidia Jetson
- Digital signal processing
- WPF or UWP frameworks
- REST API development
- DirectX or other 3D applications
- Working on web-based map applications
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Working with open-source communities
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you!