Software developers (or computer programmers) are the brains behind the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems.
Much more than just playing around with codes, if you work with software, you'll play an important part in making our business more efficient and helping to provide a better IT service.
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
What you'll need
Experience: 4 years experience in a similar role.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 4+ years experience in software design, testing, and maintenance
- Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, Java or other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Dalhousie University is a leading, research-intensive university, offering more than 180 degree programs through 13 faculties. With campuses located in Halifax and Truro, Nova Scotia, as well as a medical school site in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dalhousie has more than 6,000 faculty and staff who make up the university's energetic academic community.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options & Competitive Benefits
- Friday Team Lunches
- Unlimited Free Coffee !