We are seeking a Software Developer to join our development team. The successful candidate will work within our close knit team on cutting edge, disruptive technology for underwater robotics and sensors.
What you'll do
- Participate in all aspects of software development for real-time systems, including design, implementation, code review, and testing
- Work with various teams within Kraken to ensure the timely development and delivery of Kraken products
- Help strengthen the test suite and add to the DevOps process
What you'll need
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution with Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with object-oriented software development, including C++ on both Windows and Linux
- Excellent design standards as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals such as testing, continuous integration, data structures, and agile development best practices
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Sonar systems and acoustic signal processing
- Working with other engineering disciplines (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Data communications protocols and networking
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position may be located at the company's office in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland or Dartmouth,
Nova Scotia. Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.