We are seeking a Software Developer to join our User Interface Development Team. The successful candidate will work within our close knit team on cutting edge, disruptive technology for underwater robotics and sensors.
Who we are:
Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
What you'll do
- Participate in all aspects of software development for our C# based user interfaces, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, documentation, and testing
- Participate in peer code reviews to facilitate knowledge sharing and promote excellence in software quality
- Contribute to existing and new UI applications, ranging from robotic control to data visualization
- Work with various teams within Kraken to ensure the timely development and delivery of Kraken products
What you'll need
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with C# with a solid understanding of MVVM and/or MVC design patterns
- Experience with Figma / Adobe xD or similar wireframe / mockup software
- Experience creating clean and intuitive UI/UX applications
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals such as testing, continuous integration, data structures, and agile development best practices
- Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Previous work with WPF or UWP platforms
- Experience with DirectX or other 3D applications
- An Agile/Scrum certification or equivalent experience in an Agile/Scrum team
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you.