Chimo Construction (2014) Limited is involved in the commercial and industrial construction sectors of Newfoundland and Labrador as general contractors, project managers and developers for design-build/lease construction. We are recruiting for a Small Job Construction Superintendent for work in the St. John's and Avalon Peninsula area.
The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Providing overall construction management including design, budget and schedule in conjunction with the Project Managers, Subcontractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects; for small projects between $25,000 to $ 150,000
- Working on site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings, specifications and safety regulations;
- Planning and implementing schedules, determine manpower levels and material quantities, ensuring proper equipment and trades are available as required;
- Leading project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team's ongoing progression;
- Advising Project Managers and senior management of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assisting in resolving these problems;
- Mentoring project team members to ensure career growth and development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5-8 years' experience in a similar construction position;
- Red Seal Journeyperson - Carpentry
- The ability to quickly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions and lead a large team to successful completion.
The compensation package offered is competitive and will reflect the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in a challenging position and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment you should apply no later than Feb 28, 2019 by clicking the Apply Now button.
Chimo Construction (2014) Limited is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
A little bit about us
Chimo Construction Limited
Chimo Construction Limited is involved in the commercial and industrial construction sectors of Newfoundland and Labrador as general contractors, project managers and developers for design-build/lease construction.