As the Site Superintendent, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the multi-unit construction site on assigned projects ensuring the work is completed safely and consistent with Cresco standards and project specifications. You will lead and direct all on-site activities, including site security, people and logistics as well as establishing on-site work methods, managing material and supplies, and maintaining accurate project documents. Most importantly, you will provide safety leadership through implementation of Cresco Safety Program and promoting a culture of safety performance.
What you'll do
- Drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team ensuring that site activities, completion dates and milestones are met.
- Leading OH&S and Environmental initiatives, promoting HS&E standards, policies, procedures, acts and regulations and ensuring they are being followed by everyone on site;
- Collaborate with the project manager to identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and other project issues.
- Forecasting, ordering, receiving and organizing material requirements while collaborating with appropriate stakeholders to ensure that materials meet quality standards and are distributed to the appropriate teams on site efficiently.
- Maintain daily paperwork including field reports, safety inspections, and schedule updates.
- Ensure safety, schedule and quality objectives are met;
- Provide people leadership through establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with site staff and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that orientations, toolbox talks, safety meetings and training is being conducted as necessary.
What you'll need
You take pride in the quality of your work, have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment and can motivate staff and identify opportunities to implement processes and methodologies that will increase productivity. Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrated, progressive experience as a Superintendent in multi-unit residential, commercial or institutional construction, experience with a variety of concrete construction methods and a trade background is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of multi-unit construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specification.
- Demonstrated safety leadership, promoting safety standards, policies, procedures, acts and regulations and ensuring they are being followed by everyone on site.
- Effective supervision, team coordination and scheduling of construction activities to ensure consistent completion of projects on-time, on budget and to the clients' satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate constructability issues in complex situations and create solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with clients, consultants, trades, and internal employees;
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Project. Knowledge of ProCor is an asset.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over 30 years, the owners of Cresco, first-generation Canadians Hossein Mousavi and Taleb Abidali, and their team have built award-winning homes and communities across Halifax. The magic of this successful family-owned company is in its collaboration with customers, partners and a loyal network of builders and trades. Cresco is known for its relentless focus on quality and artistry in building homes and developing communities such as The Ravines of Bedford South and The Parks of West Bedford.
Whether building single-family homes, multi-unit residential or commercial properties, or working through master-planned developments, Cresco has a long-term perspective on land acquisition, partnerships, community building and the innovative use of design and building principles.
With over fifty industry and community awards and progressive, long-term thinking, Cresco is deeply committed to giving back, evidenced by its active participation and support of organizations such as the Cobequid Health Centre Foundation, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation, Halifax YMCA, Nova Scotia Home Builders' Association, Urban Development Institute, Halifax Chamber of Commerce, and Family Business Atlantic. Cresco has also built lottery homes for multiple charities over the past two decades.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
By joining Cresco, you will work in an environment where team members have a shared vision, are passionate about what they do and truly care about one another. This is an exciting time at Cresco as they look to build in house expertise starting with this role. Cresco is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health, dental, vision coverage
- Life Insurance and long term disability
- Free access to virtual healthcare
- Physical wellness subsidy
- Matching RRSP Program up to 5% of earnings
- Community involvement
- Opportunity for growth