Do you challenge yourself to add value for our clients by doing your best work at speed? Are you someone who takes pride in the end result? If this is you, then we have an opportunity for you as our next Sign Fabricator/Welder. Pay rate for this position is very competitive, up-to $22 per hour for high performing individuals with experience.
As a leader in the signage industry, Hansen Sign's is responsible for the design, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance of some of the highest quality signage in the region. We are a family owned and operated business who takes great pride in our employees and our finished products. We have been in business for over 40 years and are well positioned for further national growth. Every bit of work we do is centered around our core values and our brand integrity. As a strong team of individuals, we take pride in the client work we produce together.
Apply now to join our growing team and contribute to top-notch client service.
What you'll do
As Sign Fabricator/Welder, your responsibilities include:
- Fabrication, Cutting, and Welding of aluminum and steel frame sign structures, base plates, pylon signs, pole sections, sign cabinets, aluminum channel letters, awnings, and architectural structures.
- Understanding of fabrication for structural integrity and wind load with multiple materials.
- Interpretation of detailed shop drawings, artistic renderings, conceptual drawings, and plans to bring to reality with efficiency and structural integrity.
- Reading and interpreting structural fabrication drawings.
- Communicating effectively with the Production Manager and co-workers.
- Keeping track of time sheets on jobs including labor and materials for each project.
- Complying with all safety requirements, work rules and regulations.
- Having the creative interest in the final product and finished look to ensure client satisfaction.
What you'll need
The following qualifications are required for the role:
- The ideal candidate will possess a valid fabrication or welding certificate; have at least 3 years of similar experience or a combination of experience.
- Dynamic experience in MIG Aluminum and steel Welding
- Have advanced knowledge and training in metal fabrication, cutting materials bending, riveting, bonding, and an interest in the creativity of the sign industry.
- Must be self-motivated, passionate about your work and able to get the job done on time and with the utmost level of quality.
- You will require creative problem-solving skills and be able to overcome challenges.
- Must be clean, organized with tools, and able to maintain paperwork.
The following skills and certifications are required for this role:
- Journeyman Welder
- First Aid Certification
- Fall Arrest
- Able to weld Aluminum with MIG and TIG.
- Able to weld Steel with MIG and STICK.
- Understanding of Fabrication methods for Structural Integrity and wind-load.
- Electrical wiring capability - able to operate a tester, understand wiring basics and tools.
- Basic carpentry skills and experience using heavy and light power tools.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We are a full-service signage and fabrication operation with the ability to make our clients' dreams a reality by using a wide variety of media.
Passion for Excellence
We have a deep sense of care for our clients' experience and are driven to make their dreams a reality. This means that we lead with a strong commitment to integrity. Our passion is delivering the client's message in a way that creates something very special and forms a lasting memory in the minds of the target audience.
We are a solid team that can tackle any size project and we take pride in each and every result. To keep us operating like a well-oiled machine we are driven by our core values - to the point they are actually on the wall.
Our values are:
- Use Creativity To Solve Problems
- Think as a Team
- Deliver what we promise
- Always be learning
- Love a challenge
We work together and deliver the best work every time.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position is perfect for those who enjoy working with their hands in a fast-paced, multi-discipline environment. If you have the drive to get the job done right and achieve a high-quality product to ensure client satisfaction, this opportunity is for you.
What's more? We're a family-owned and operated business, which means we care a lot about our employee's growth and professional development. You will always be learning and will be working with a core group of people who will treat you like family. We hold our values close and apply them to everything we do, day in and day out. We think as a team and use creativity to solve problems, we deliver what we promise, we love a challenge, and we support continual learning.
Apply Now to join our team!