The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an individual to fill a Permanent, Full Time, year round position as Shipper Receiver/Forklift Operator for our Nova Scotia Sand and Gravel division Packaging Plant in Milford, Nova Scotia. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
- Packaging and palletize product in support of our aggregate production plants;
- Using a forklift to move product to and from packaging area;
- Ensuring all shipping, receiving and inventory storage activities are performed in compliance with company goals
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of all plant equipment and that all safety requirements are followed and documented as required;
- Maintaining all levels of communication such as production, completion of daily/ required log books and verbal communication;
- Assist with general plant and equipment maintenance from time to time
- Follow instructions as provided by site supervisor;
- Able to work day, evening and overtime shifts if required
- Other Duties as required.
- Experience operating forklift (Required)
- Experience with management of finished goods inventory
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Commitment to a safe work culture
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership when required.
- Aptitude for balancing safety as the priority with the demands of production
- Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production effort
- Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and trouble shooting
- Hardworking, high integrity, takes ownership
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.