We're searching for a seasoned storyteller. You turn complex concepts into creative, compelling prose. You inspire people to change the way they think, act and work with the right story, at the right moment and medium, whether that's a blog post, landing page, or live on Twitch.
We're searching for a semi-retired developer. You have a deep understanding of development workflows and trends because you've served your time in an IDE. Occasionally you'll dust-off your editor for a side-project or to experiment with a hip new library, framework, or service, but your calling is copy, not code.
We're searching for a quant that cares. Your genuine desire to listen to and observe the developers that build cloud services and the ones that use them combined with your natural tendency to research and analyze the aggregate mean you're tuned in (and can broadcast) on every frequency.
What you'll do
- Invent Product Marketing at Manifold
- Define messaging, positioning, and launch strategy
- Establish a drum-beat of product and feature launches
- Drive, measure, and manage product and feature adoption
- Work with product to conduct and distribute a market analysis
- Create and distribute thought leadership content
- Support and enable the execution of marketing campaigns
What you'll need
- 4+ years experience in a Product Marketing role in Developer Services, a High-tech company, or related fields
- Familiarity with at least one programming language
- Extensive experience creating compelling content
- Experience conducting market research and developing user personas
- Experience designing and managing cross-functional projects and programs
- MBA a plus
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience speaking to large technical audiences
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and the command-line
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.