Under the general direction of the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Senior Communications Advisor is accountable for managing, producing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies that build internal and external awareness and understanding of Build NS' initiatives. The Senior Communications Advisor provides communication expertise and advice to the CEO, Vice Presidents and senior staff. Advisors manage and deliver a broad range of products and services including communication planning, digital content strategies, issues management, media relations, public consultation and event planning.
What you'll do
1. Promotes public understanding of Build NS' initiatives, programs and services by managing, producing, implementing and evaluating communications strategies. Works quickly, efficiently and professionally- often under tight timelines- to ensure information provided to media is timely, accurate and complete.
2. Using excellent writing skills, researches, prepares and edits a variety of communications materials including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, speeches, and communication plans. Plans and coordinates announcements and events, including news conferences and technical briefings for media and the public.
3. Participates in working groups, committees and meetings to coordinate strategic communications and/or issues management where information must be delivered to a variety of audiences (internal and external). Actively participates in decision-making by offering communication expertise and guidance
4. Produces, implements and evaluates social media, digital content and strategies that build external awareness and understanding of agency's priorities, initiatives,programs and services
5. Monitors online conversations among key stakeholders related to key agency priorities and initiatives and identify issues and/or opportunities.
6. Stays up-to-speed on emerging tools and technologies related to social media and digital.
7. Prepares social media summaries to inform digital content strategies, communications plans and decision making.
8. Strengthens the relationships that government has with Build NS with an emphasis on understanding the issues affecting and needs of high influence/impact stakeholders and on high-priority stakeholder groups that align with corporate priorities.
9. Builds and helps execute strategic partnership plans, as well coordinates and facilitates collaboration across government surrounding issues management, communication and engagement with external high influence stakeholders on matters of corporate priority, high-risk, and cross-departmental concern.
10. Supports departments and corporate team in development and implementation of stakeholder identification and action plans.
11. Develops tools and templates, such as stakeholder mapping tools; stakeholder Prioritization Matrix template; stakeholder Influence-Impact assessment profiles and others to support effective categorization of stakeholders, e.g. High-Influence Challengers.
12. Monitors and maintains Build NS website's presence ensuring they are up to date with content and emerging technologies.
13. Coordinates and plans Build NS stakeholder engagement activities and/or organizes and provides resource on major projects where required
12. Participates and takes proactive leadership roles in public communications responsibilities relative to engagement and participation of other levels of government in Build NS projects.
13. Coordinates and ensures the quality of written submissions and responses to public comments during public review periods on any aspects of Build NS projects.
What you'll need
University Degree in a related discipline and five (5) years' professional experience or an acceptable equivalent. The successful candidate will have strong writing skills, a background in developing and implementing communication strategies, experience in social media and online technology and experience dealing with stakeholders and the media.
The following competencies are required:
Concept thinking, strategic orientation, outcome focus, initiative, effective interactive communication, partnering and relationship building, intercultural and diversity proficiency. We will assess the above qualifications using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
A little bit about us
Build Nova Scotia
Build Nova Scotia is the Province's Crown Corporation responsible for leading sustainable development of high-potential property and infrastructure across our province to drive economic and population growth. In short, we build things-and how we build them matters as much as what we build. We engage Nova Scotia's diverse communities to lead and support projects that create inclusive, sustainable places that people love. We leverage our projects and programs as tools to bring people together in pursuit of keeping Nova Scotians healthy, connected, and thriving no matter where they live. A thriving community is a powerful thing, and we're doing our part to help communities reach their full potential by stewarding projects that enhance quality of life and community well-being, build local pride and momentum, and grow our economy.
Our goal is a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the clients we serve. Build Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.