The Senior Test Lead, reporting to the Manager, IT Quality, develops and employs a testing framework with supporting processes to meet the organization’s testing needs. This includes preparing, reviewing and executing on test strategies and plans that describe how system releases will be tested. In addition, this role is responsible for the overall resource plan for the testing team as well as the establishment and management or testing tools.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive resource plan for all testing services: Determine resource requirements for the effective execution of system release testing strategies; maintain visibility on testing resource requirements as well as available capacity; manage staff augmentation requests and delivery.
- Effectively manage testing resources (internal and/or external): Provide direction to testing resources ensuring they are accountable for their roles and responsibilities and manage results generated from the performance of these accountabilities.
- Develop, maintain and execute comprehensive test strategies and plans: Develop and maintain overall testing framework for Atlantic Lottery; develop project test strategies for all PMO projects and well as enhancement deliveries; manage the overall test planning process including development of vendor test plans to deliver to business approved project test strategy.
- Prepare and communicate summary reports on the status of all system releases and/or projects: Gather project testing metrics and consolidate into Testing Status Reports for each project; distribute reports in a timely manner; escalate any possible deviations from the established testing plan; communicate any changes to the test strategy
- Prepare and communicate test services metrics: Gather testing metrics (tests executed, tests passed, etc…) from testing teams (internal and/or external); produce testing service metrics report; develop test exit reports; gather signoff of test exit reports.
- Assist in the leadership of IT Quality (Testing Services): Contribute to the overall IT Quality Framework; participate in the development of the IT Quality vision and strategy; provide subject matter expertise in the area of quality control and quality assurance.
What you'll need
- University Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Business related fields
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a cross-functional software testing team with 5 of those years working in a test lead capacity
- Testing Certification would be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of performance testing and automation methodologies and tools
- Advanced knowledge of quality management tools such as requirements management, test management and defect management.
- Strong relationship management, influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate highly complex concepts and create consensus and commitment among a broad group of stakeholders.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Assist in transforming the function and improve the results of the business unit by demonstrating creativity, continuous improvement and future focused thinking
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
We're looking for
A little bit about us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?