Blue Spurs puts the latest technologies in the hands of people who solve problems like it?s a competitive sport. What?s the result? With over 100 professionals from coast-to-coast, we work with a diverse range of organizations, from start-ups to high-profile large enterprises, and find solutions to help them accelerate and reach their business goals faster.
We help position, design and develop solutions using web, mobile, IoT and everything in between. As one of five Advanced Consulting Partners for Amazon Web Services in Canada, and the only one east of Toronto, Blue Spurs has demonstrated itself as a leader in the cloud service provider industry.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Analyst in our Managed Services department. In this role, you are leading operations calls with customers and collaborating with internal teams to troubleshoot issues and resolve support requests. As a leader on a small support team, you will help mentor your colleagues in processes, procedures and customer service.
The position involves a compensated on-call rotation for weekends, holidays and off-hours for critical issues.
What you?ll be doing
- Screening, troubleshooting and managing tier 1 and tier 2 tickets
- Typical tickets include configuration changes on a server, break fixes, user access problems, status updates, code changes and troubleshooting performance issues
- Updates and upgrades to customer environments
- Providing technical status and risk assessment information to internal teams
- Offering feedback on system design improvements
What you need
- Background in Computer Science, Programming or IT Administration
- Advanced skills in technical support (5+ years)
- Proficient in a Unix or Linux environment
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and physical & virtual servers
- Experience in software release management
- Excellent troubleshooting, collaboration, communication and customer service skills
What?s nice to have
- AWS and cloud computing experience
- Experience with monitoring tools (New Relic, Victor Ops, SumoLogic, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL and technical documentation
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
Some of our perks
- More free food than you can eat (including a catered lunch every Friday)
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you?re constantly learning
Where you?ll be working
We are located in the beautiful capital city of Fredericton, New Brunswick. At this time, we can only consider those with valid Canadian work authorization for the role.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Blue Spurs, we're using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests from across the continent, including start-ups and high-profile, large enterprises. We're highly sought after for our expertise in Mobile and Cloud Enablement, including rich web-based systems. Our use of the Agile software development methodology is another key element that defines the culture here at Blue Spurs.
There are exciting things happening in this industry and it's a competitive market for top talent. We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills. Being part of a growing company, our employees know their work is a vital part of our team's success.