NBCC is embarking on an unprecedented renewal of its information technology infrastructure and governance in support of NBCC's business objectives and strategic plan and is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the full-time position of Senior Technical Analyst - Data Centre.
NBCC is committed to transforming lives and communities. When you work here, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
What you'll do
You will be collaborating under the leadership of the Manager of Infrastructure Services; you will provide solid customer service, a positive attitude, and have an ability to work with others.
You are viewed as the glue and a bridge amongst various levels of IT support staff. You demonstrate a strong ownership towards your responsibilities and have an enthusiastic approach and an ability to give and receive technical advice.
- Collaborating with various service providers, diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Preparing and maintain operational procedures manuals.
- Conducting research into techniques and trends in various infrastructure technologies.
- Providing technical leadership in projects, problem solving, and deployments.
- Adhering to all service management best practices adopted by the Information Technology group (ex ITIL - Best Practices) as well as follow established processes and procedures.
- Diagnosing and troubleshoot network issues escalated through the support tiers.
- Managing security and access to NBCC information technology.
- Implementing security requirements as per an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and following current industry best practices regarding cybersecurity concepts.
What you'll need
- Diploma in Information Technology OR a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Recent and related work experience.
- Related work experience must include supporting IT Infrastructure and Information Security in a System Administration or a System Administrator role.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent.
Please ensure to demonstrate your qualifications related to these roles on your resume.
Our current Stack:
- SAN (Including iSCSI and Fiber channel switches)
- Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud experience (preferably Azure)
- Proficiency with common tasks and concepts such as packet sniffing, versatility with PowerShell based scripts and solutions, and Information Security focus is a must.
- (Preferential consideration) Knowledge of technologies such as Secure Internet Gateways (DNS Threat protection), Hyperconvergence.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For fiveÃÂ years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A chance to be part of rapidly expanding IT Department and the next success story
- Opportunity to work remotely (within New Brunswick)
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary:
- Senior Technical Analyst range: $57,616 to $80,314
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- NBCC's supports the wellbeing of its employees we provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- Volunteer leave
- Tuition Reimbursement program
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Information Technology collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates we welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by April 19, 2022. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
College 4 Kids Instructor, Keep Calm and Bake On!! (Casual)
Moncton, NB, CA
Administrative Assistant (ASL 3) – Registrar Office – Moncton (Term)
Moncton, NB, CA
Classification and Employee Development Specialist - Regular (Any NBCC Location)
Fredericton, NB, CA
Applied Studies Internship
Fredericton, NB, CA