Senior Supervisor, Client Services
Location: Amherst/Truro/New Glasgow/Antigonish
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Union Status: Excluded (Non-Union)
Competition # NOR 23062
Closing Date: May 30, 2023
Under the direction of the Manager, Client Services, the Senior Supervisor, Client Services leads a team of Supervisors, Client Services within a client-first model organization, to make best use of rental housing assets by offering housing to wait listed applicants; and to operate desirable housing with appropriate tenant supports that achieve successful client and organizational outcomes. The incumbent is also responsible for the development, monitoring, and adherence to operational policy, procedures and standards, hiring, selection, scheduling, and performance management while ensuring services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
What you'll do
• Supervise, manage, and mentor direct reports through performance management and development of initiatives as well as promoting a teamwork environment and ensuring staff are in full compliance with legislation, organizational policies, processes, and directives.
• Resolve tenant issues proactively by scheduling and attending regular tenant engagement meetings or similar forums to discuss individual and common concerns; and by ensuring annual tenant visits are completed to identify undesirable behaviors or conditions.
• Supervise the activities of the Supervisor, Client Services in resolving tenants' issues such as poor physical and cognitive fitness, unit deficiencies, vandalism, hoarding, pest infestation, other deplorable conditions or lease violations, over-housing, unapproved visitors, etc.
• Meet portfolio occupancy targets; by ensuring the Supervisor, Client Services achieves unit turnaround standard, maintain accurate up-to-date wait lists, and manage tenant life-safety risks by complying with applicable codes, up-to-date building emergency plans and holding regular emergency drills.
• Monitor building conditions for indication of pests, ensure common areas are maintained and grounds are in well-kept condition, and take every reasonable measure to ensure that tenants are secure.
• Make cost-efficient decisions by considering factors such as budget constraints, resource allocation, and operational effectiveness.
What you'll need
• Bachelor's degree in related field, including several years of experience in leading and/or coordinating team of managers.
• Understanding of budgets and financial statements.
• Competency in desktop software including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent knowledge of relevant acts and legislation such as the Tenancy Act, Workers' Compensation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as appropriate fire regulations, etc.
• Demonstrate an ability to understand and respect the practices, customs and values of employees and diverse client cultures.
• Collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve desired outcomes that support organizational objectives.
• Identify, assess, and manage risk while promoting a proactive safety conscious culture.
• Possess a valid Nova Scotia driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
• Working knowledge Yardi Property Management software.
Competencies required at this level of work are Leadership & Team Coordination skills, Decision Making skills, Analytical thinking, Initiative, Partnering & Relationship building, Diplomatic Approach, Client Service, Intercultural & Diversity Proficiency, and Communication & Writing skills.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: MC 20
Salary Range: $74,441.14 to $96,773.75 Annually
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.