GEMTEC is a growing firm and we are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our team. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain a variety of experience and advance their careers. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
GEMTEC currently has an opening for a Senior Structural Engineer in our Moncton office.
As a Senior Structural Engineer within our Structural group, you will have the opportunity to work on concrete, steel, and wood civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Moncton office, you will report to our Senior Department Manager/Structural Division Manager and be responsible for developing cost-effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
This opportunity is ideal if you have strong technical design skills as well as effective communication, and organizational skills to assist with projects and design team. You will have excellent opportunities to grow and develop your engineering skills with the company.
What you'll do
- Provide engineering designs for civil infrastructure projects (buildings, ports, harbors, and bridges)
- Work with diverse teams of various disciplines
- Assist with projects and be responsible for completion, on schedule, and financial performance
- Write, compile, and review technical reports
- Be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement design activities
- Maintain quality throughout a project and implement improvements when determined
- Prepare project proposals
- Prepare regular project summary reports
- Encourage growth within the group and increase the general knowledge base throughout the company
What you'll need
- Preferably currently registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers New Brunswick
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering from an accredited University
- Approximately 10 plus years of experience in civil engineering consulting
- Hands on experience with design software such as SAFI, Structure Point, WoodWorks, Microsoft Office is asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment and dedication to client service as well as technical excellence
- Proven project management skills
A little bit about us
GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientists Limited
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Full time
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and will be responsible to have a vehicle for work
- Many of our roles qualify for reallocation assistance within Canada, please ask for more details
Interested individuals should apply by email to: [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.