We are looking for a motivated Senior Procurement Specialist to join our winning team. Our ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who appreciates the challenge of managing the procurement of their product lines, has a keen appreciation for the buying process, is experienced at analyzing commodity markets, and gets energized by negotiating and closing the perfect deal.
What you'll do
- Become a Champion of your product lines by continuously wanting to know more and help improve different aspects of the organization.
- Ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials is available when required for key product line(s) and ensure inventory min/max levels are maintained
- Monitor and minimize total cost of ownership regarding material purchases; search for alternate sources of supply and negotiate pricing agreements and contracts as required.
- Actively learn to understand the different markets and cost drivers to better react to changes with plan for optimal results.
- Monitor commodities and make recommendations to meet ever-changing conditions
- Align purchasing projects with corporate strategic direction
- Prepare technical specifications for RFP's
- Explore alternate sources of supplies and negotiate new contracts as needed
- Monitor and analyze key commodities and explore opportunities to maximize business decisions
- Develop and build relationships with key suppliers. Measures supplier performance using quantitative data based on cost, quality, and service levels.
- International sourcing experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Analyze current procurement methods and initiate continuous improvement processes to maximize efficiency
- Manage and build both internal and external relationships
- All other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration (or equivalent experience)
- Designation Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or working towards designation is considered an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry is considered an asset
- Team player mentality with the ability to multitask
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Knowledgeable regarding strategic sourcing, data analysis & supplier management concepts
- Able to work under limited direction - independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Able to manage multiple projects in tight timelines with high attention to detail (Project Management skills)
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft, Excel, Oracle, ERP
- Strong financial and data analysis as it pertains to purchasing
- High attention to detail
- Proven purchasing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Some travel may be required
We thank all candidates for your interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Complete benefits package starting on your first day!
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, life)
- Group RRSP (Register Retirement Savings Plan) with matched company contributions
- Paid personal days
- Paid vacation
- Paid volunteer day
- Employee recognition programs
- EFAP - Employee Family Assistance Program
- CSA safety footwear allowance
- Management support for team member development