Due to our recent growth and expansion, GEMTEC is actively seeking a Senior Municipal Engineer for our Halifax office.
GEMTEC is an employee-owned company, which will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to generate new and innovative ways to approach consulting engineering. We are a dynamic group of professionals focusing on quality, integrity, and collaboration. We feel this approach delivers the highest quality service to our clients. An individual with a wide range of experience, who possesses leadership skills and takes initiative will be very successful in our organization.
We are looking for the ideal candidate that will fit within the culture of our organization. The successful candidate will support all GEMTEC Atlantic locations, travelling as needed.
What you'll do
The successful candidate will work in several areas of civil engineering, including:
- Civil Design
- Water, Sanitary and Stormwater Design
- Project Management
Specific day-to-day tasks would include:
- Project Management
- Preparation of contract specifications, tender documents, and engineering drawings
- Assisting in field operations as required
- Utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
What you'll need
- Currently registered, or has the ability to register, with Engineers Nova Scotia as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering from an accredited University
- 5+ years of experience in civil engineering practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A little bit about us
GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientists Limited
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Full Time
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Many of our roles qualify for reallocation assistance within Canada, please ask for more details
Interested individuals should apply by email to: [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.