GEMTEC is on the move and looking for entrepreneurs just like us to fuel our expansion in Ontario. Our presence in Ontario is expanding with the recent announcement of our Barrie and GTA offices, and we are searching for various roles throughout the GTA/Barrie area, including a Senior Hydrogeologist. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain experience and advance their careers without limits. You will be joining a dedicated and collaborative team of Engineers and Scientists focused on Geotechnical, Environmental, and Materials related projects.
What you'll do
- Provide field and technical support to a wide variety of hydrogeology and environmental projects; including the preparation and supervision of field programs, data collection, data analysis, and technical report writing and proposal preparation.
- Design and conduct field investigations including: drilling and logging; soil and bedrock characterization; monitoring well installation; hydraulic response testing; soil, groundwater, sediment and surface water sampling; installation of groundwater instrumentation, etc.
- Directing junior to intermediate staff to prepare technical environmental reports including, hydrogeology characterization assessments, impact assessments, groundwater supply studies, environmental site assessments, remediation, mine pit and construction dewatering assessments, and groundwater and surface water monitoring reports.
- Data compilation and interpretation, including water quality results, hydraulic response testing data analysis, water balance assessments, water take/dewatering estimation, and impact assessment analysis.
- Interpretation and application of provincial and federal acts and regulations.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in earth science, or geological/geotechnical/civil engineering with an emphasis in water resources and hydrogeology. A post-graduate degree is considered an asset.
- Professional registration (i.e., P.Geo. or P.Eng.).
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience (preferably in consulting).
- Strong knowledge of physical hydrogeology, environmental site characterization and remediation, and groundwater and surface water monitoring programs.
- Understanding and demonstrated field experience in soil and bedrock classification, overburden and bedrock drilling methods, in-situ hydraulic testing (slug, packer, pumping tests), and soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater sampling protocols.
- Groundwater flow and transport modelling experience would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with software packages specific to environmental geoscience/hydrogeology (borehole logging, aquifer test analysis, Surfer, ArcGIS, and groundwater modelling).
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory frameworks for groundwater withdrawal/use, drinking water supply, contaminated sites assessment and management, and environmental assessment is an asset.
- Ability and interest to undertake/lead fieldwork, in a range of weather conditions and site settings.
- Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and the willingness to work overtime, as required.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
A little bit about us
GEMTEC Consulting Engineers and Scientists Limited
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Full time salaried position
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Many of our roles qualify for reallocation assistance within Canada, please ask for more details
Interested individuals should apply by email to: [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help