Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions 1,400 employees and over $280 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-in-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complextity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The Senior Fund Accountant – Hedge Funds will provide support to their team, ensuring that the day-to-day operations of their team run smoothly and will be the main point of contact for assigned hedge fund client relationships.
What you'll do
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Senior Fund Accountant - Hedge Funds will be expected to:
- Review and understand fund offering documents for the funds assigned to team;
- Participate in mandated training sessions;
- Perform daily bank and portfolio reconciliations;
- Update general ledger with daily and monthly cash, positions and profit and loss (p&l) activity;
- Prepare accounting journal entries related to standard accruals, management fees, incentive fees, profit share allocations, deferred compensation payables, subscriptions and redemptions;
- Ensure fund expenses are accrued timely and in accordance with the appropriate GAAP;
- Perform monthly master-feeder accounting allocations;
- Prepare investor allocations;
- Perform regular Net Asset Value calculations and ensure compliance with established accounting procedures and controls;
- Serve as point of contact for hedge fund clients, investors and other service providers;
- Oversee processing of fund transactions and investor notices with the Transfer Agency team;
- Act in the capacity of an authorized signatory on bank accounts with authority to review and/or release wires;
- Review monthly valuations prior to distribution to clients;
- Distribute statements to investors;
- Coordinate year-end audit and tax preparation with client and independent auditors and Prepare and review draft audited financial statements;
- Prepare and/or review specialty and ad hoc reports as requested;
- Have advanced knowledge of AML KYC industry requirements for investor documentation;
- Communicate with Fund Managers, Investors and Service providers;
- Assist client On-boarding Team with new client set-up and accounting conversion implementation;
- Participate in annual director meetings;
- Participate in due diligence meetings with prospective investors;
- Report suspicious activity to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Assist Team Leader with mentoring team members to help bring them to a high standard of knowledge and ability;
- Assist team with maintaining strong internal controls on all risk items;
- Advanced knowledge of the NAV process;
- Draft and maintain risk management documentation of the NAV procedures;
- Participate in the candidate interview process with Team Leaders.
Responsibility for Risk Management:
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position.
What you'll need
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or an equivalent degree, professional designation preferred;
- 3+ years private or public accounting, brokerage and/or hedge fund experience;
- Knowledge of hedge fund investor and portfolio accounting concepts a plus;
- Is fluent in the English language;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer skills; Word, Excel;
- Knowledge of Advent Geneva a plus;
- Strong client servicing skills, including the ability to respond quickly and while under pressure;
- The ability to follow tasks through to completion;
- Effective time management skills;
- Ability to take full ownership of and responsibility for a Fund or Investment Manager’s accounting and administration needs;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless legal, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients across multiple jurisdictions.
Our tailored solutions embrace complexity to deliver simplicity by combining our talent, one-firm approach and best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms.
We are privately owned and fully independent with 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The Senior Fund Accountant - Hedge Funds will report to the Team Leader – Fund Accounting (Hedge Funds).
We are a CPA pre-approved organization and offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and seniority as well as a comprehensive benefits package, highlights include:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Pension plan
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Training and development opportunities