We work with the world's leading brands and publishers to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The Senior Full Stack Developer role offers a unique opportunity to build products for the world's leading brands and publishers such as Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Hearst from our office in the heart of downtown Halifax.
More about us:
- We're a diverse and growing team from around the world.
- We build best-in-class beautiful, functional products that our customers love.
- Our marketing platform is competing with the biggest companies in the marketing software industry.
- We have a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. We want you to be part of it.
- Our current stack includes: Vue.js, Python, Flask, Celery, Docker, MySQL, Redis, AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more).
A few interesting details about our tech:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support
- Our tools are used on many very popular websites
- Hundreds of TBs of media processed
- Over 1 million images / videos added every month
- Tens of TBs of data in our databases
- Over 100 EC2 production instances
- 99.999% uptime
- Large ML compute clusters for real time feedback
- Large ElasticSearch clusters for snappy searches
- Full CI/CD pipeline, 100% containerized microservice architecture
What you'll do
- Design, build, test and maintain web applications and services
- Implement APIs using RESTful conventions for integrating with web and mobile applications
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize user experience on the front-end
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Write clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
- Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Experience working with single page applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
- Familiar with git or other version control tools
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Problem-solving mentality
- Product-first approach to building software
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Dash Hudson was founded in 2015 with the mission of helping the world's most important companies deepen engagement with their consumers through photos and videos. Today, Dash Hudson continues to enable forward-thinking brands like Condé Nast, Apple, and Estée Lauder to inform strategy and leverage actionable insights for meaningful audience engagement. Dash Hudson takes it to the next level by predicting the performance of photos and videos, analyzing trends, and accelerating brand growth across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and e-commerce marketing channels.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Dash Hudson, we strive to build great solutions that solve real problems for marketers, and are unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. To achieve our goals as a company and provide a service to our customers that is unmatched, we believe that collaboration and support among the team is what propels us forward.
Dash Hudson would not exist without the dedicated employees who contribute their unique skills, voices, and ideas to the long-term success of the company. Building a diverse and talented team is an integral part of creating an innovative and well-rounded product, and work environment.
Dash Hudson's hiring practices and company culture does not condone discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
If you require accessibility accommodations while applying for this position, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]
At Dash Hudson our team is our competitive advantage. We are committed to supporting one another and we work hard to make sure everyone has the support they need. In addition to health and dental benefits for you and your family, you can also expect:
- Vacation, personal days and sick time - because everyone deserves time to rest and recharge
- RRSP matching - because investing in your future self is important
- Annual mental health benefit - taking care of yourself allows you to show up as the best version of you at both work and home.
- Quarterly wellness benefit - do something for yourself that you may not do otherwise. Think personal travel, fitness, benefits top up allowance, learning and things for your overall well-being.
- Donation matching program - twice a year Dash Hudson matches contributions made by the team, to strengthen communities and organizations that we care about.
- Parental leave top up plan - welcoming a new addition to the family is a big change for anyone, we are here to support with that
- Work from home benefit - if you choose to work from home, you will have the funds needed to set up a space that supports your productivity and looks great too!
- Flexible working hours and location - it's a hybrid world and we are happy to be living in it! We're happy to accommodate a balance of working from home and in the office arrangements.
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities - we value collaborative and supportive teams, so we get together to connect outside of our day-to-day as well.