Help us build Manifold from the ground up!
Manifold is a well-funded startup with an ambitious vision. We want to make it easy for developers to build applications with cloud services. We build software that developers like you can use every day.
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative front end developer to join our small, fast-moving team. You'll build high quality, maintainable React/Redux code. We want you to be passionate about exceptional user experiences. And we need you to work well with others, and enjoy doing it!
You'll be joining us at the start of our journey. You’ll help us shape our company and culture from the ground up.
Working at Manifold:
- We value focus, accountability, empathy, communication, autonomy, and consistent delivery.
- Our work is shared, reviewed and discussed in the open.
- We grow, learn, and improve continuously, both as a team and as individuals.
- We value diversity. Gender diversity is currently about 22% and we are working to improve that.
- We care deeply about supporting a distributed culture, and work at it. About 43% of the company do not work in the home Halifax, NS office, including the product and engineering leaders.
What you'll do
- Build UI components that are intuitive, beautiful and reusable across our entire platform, using React, Redux, Styled Components, and Webpack.
- Work closely with design and product in short design-first iterations.
- Build and improve our continuous integration to reliably deliver high-quality product releases to production multiple times a day.
- Contribute regularly to pertinent product, design and implementation discussions.
- Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in front-end technologies, security, engineering, design, and collaboration.
- Help build a friendly, supportive engineering culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as engineers, teams, and people.
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion and decision making.
- Empathy and respect for others.
- Experience working in a small-team where individuals wear many hats
- In-depth experience with at least one modern client-side framework, ideally React
- Interest in writing maintainable and reliable unit and automated integration tests
- Feel at home using the command line as a part of your workflow
- Full command of Git, GitHub, and continuous integration/deployment based workflows
- Experience working on or with a remote team
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.
We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as a professional development allowance.