Manifold builds innovative, beautiful, functional tools for SaaS vendors to sell their services. See our plan builder preview to get a hint of our future.
We are looking for a collaborative front-end developer to help us imagine, ship, and operate high quality products. We're hoping that you can understand a product vision and business, and then use that understanding both to architect for the future and to find the right shortcuts for now. We hope that you care deeply about usability and design, and have worked closely and collaboratively with designers and product managers. We expect you to lead and follow, disagree and commit, innovate and consolidate...and write readable, tested, reliable code.
Our software development team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and extremely productive. We're organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact. Many of us have strong ties to the open-source world, and have experience building tools at companies like Heroku, Red Hat, and Canonical.
We value diversity and a strong distributed culture that balances alignment, autonomy, and growth. Most of the company works from home, with about half in the Halifax, Canada area, and the rest located across Canada and the US.
What you'll do
- Collaboratively ship amazing products.
- Help lead a friendly, supportive culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as developers, teams, and people.
- Be a model and mentor for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine Manifold's future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, software development, design and collaboration.
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with strong opinions loosely held.
- Experience deploying and operating front-end code.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, automated tests, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Solid grasp of CSS principles and semantic markup.
- Experience extracting front-end assets from design programs like Sketch or InVision is very nice to have.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our backend is written in Go; Go experience is nice to have.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We've worked at Red Hat, Heroku, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We work remotely. For meetings, we'd strongly prefer you be within four hours of the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5) which means as far west as the Pacific Time Zone and as far east as Brazil, Argentina, and Greenland. When we're not part of a species fighting a pandemic, we enjoy traveling to get together with one another three or four times a year, historically in Canada and Mexico.
Please apply here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.