Mount Saint Vincent University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and other groups that would contribute to the diversification of our campus. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their application materials. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
The Department of Financial Services at Mount Saint Vincent University invites applications for the position of Senior Financial Analyst.
Classification: Full-time, MPA, Level 3 Position
Starting Salary: $57,152 per annum (Step Progression $57,152 to $69,535)
Start Date: ASAP
Application Process: If you require an accommodation at any time during the application process, please let us know. Applications should include a cover letter and resume. We will begin reviewing applications after November 10th, 2023.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Control, the Senior Financial Analyst's principal responsibilities are to assists on the annual budget preparation, to perform various forms of financial analysis and to assist in the budget and projections monitoring process. More specifically:
- Perform detailed salary analysis in order to monitor budget results and prepare financial projections
- Assist with the preparations of the annual University Budget and other materials required for the University Budget Advisory Committee.
- Assist in the analysis required for the annual external audit (preparing working papers per CCPA regulations).
- Meet with departments to review budget requests or address department issues (new programs, restructuring, need costs).
- Backup for other positions within Financial Services and Payroll Office as needed.
- Assist in financial reporting required for the Province of NS, CAUBO, Statistics Canada, etc.
- Prepare ongoing cash flow analysis to support cash management and investment.
- Prepare regular financial enrolment reports and analysis.
- Capital project accounting and reporting including preparation of financial reports for the Finance Committee and Board of Governors
- Preparation of other ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
What you'll need
Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce with a major in Accounting and have a minimum of five years related experience. Preference will be given to those with eight or more years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Possessing a professional CPA designation or enrolment in a professional designation is considered an asset. Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential. A high level of attention to detail and efficient time management and priority setting skills are also prerequisites for this position. Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel and use of technology to conduct financial analysis in the most efficient manner. Experience in using business enterprise systems for finance is required. Supporting all of these skills is a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Mount Saint Vincent University
Recognized as a leader in distance and experiential learning, and based on a strong tradition of social responsibility, Mount Saint Vincent University takes a personalized approach to education to nurture socially responsible global citizens. Founded in 1873, the Mount has been nationally recognized for having one of the lowest student-to-professor ratios, for providing students early access to valuable research opportunities, for its legacy in the advancement of women, and for facilitating critical advancements in food security, healthy aging, literacy, and childhood development. The Mount believes that our people are our foundation and our relationships are built on respect and accountability. Please visit www.msvu.ca to learn more about us.