Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp, and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous-owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods' Finance department requires a Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting. The position is a Full-time position and is located in Bedford, N.S.
Purpose of Position
The Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting is responsible for the management of Clearwater's financial reporting activities. The Senior Finance Manager will lead, motivate, and develop a team of skilled professionals focused on the accurate, relevant, timely, and efficient preparation of financial reporting.
As Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting, you will be responsible to:
- Lead and manage the Corporate Reporting team in the production of accurate, relevant, and timely consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and management reports.
- Preparation of detailed financial analyses to the executive management team related to monthly/quarterly results.
- Lead the Corporate Reporting team in the production of quarterly owner and lender deliverables within established timelines.
- Lead the coordination and consolidation of the Annual Operating Plan
- Lead the execution of the annual consolidated financial statement audit as well as the preparation and audit of statutory legal entity financial statements globally, managing relationships as the key contact with multiple auditors.
- Build cross-functional relationships to promote alignment of strategic initiatives across teams.
- Lead business support for ad-hoc accounting and IFRS technical analysis.
- Establish and maintain global accounting policies, standards & documentation.
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment for the Corporate Reporting department.
- Provide direction, effective management, and coaching/development of the Corporate Reporting team.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives, optimizing systems and processes to create capacity within the Corporate Reporting team.
- Support the Corporate Reporting team's efforts for more insightful, relevant, and timely reports, including management reporting, shareholder presentations, consolidated financial statements, and statutory financial statements.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills.
- Detailed and results orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Highly organized, resolute, and dependable in achieving strict, recurring deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate financial analytics in a clear and concise manner.
- High level of initiative
- This position reports to the Finance Director, Corporate Reporting & Accounting
- This position has the following positions reporting to it:
- Two Senior Financial Analysts, Corporate Reporting
- Senior Financial Accountant, Corporate Reporting
- Location: Bedford, NS
- Travel: Minimal travel
- Hybrid Work Model (2 days from home, 3 days in office)
- Accounting designation, CPA preferred.
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in financial reporting (IFRS) including complex accounting/analysis.
- A minimum of five to seven years' experience leading teams with the desire to seek continuous improvement.
- Strong financial reporting skills, including: IFRS, consolidation and internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial systems, ERP systems and data warehousing (SAP is an asset)
- Knowledge of international business is an asset.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.