We are seeking a self-starter and results oriented individual to join our Compliance team. The Senior Compliance Analyst provides support to jurisdictional Compliance teams by ensuring that the Group Compliance and Financial Crime policies and procedures follow best practice in meeting legislative and regulatory requirements. The Compliance department ensures that the Bank complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions it operates, and it plays an essential role in helping to preserve the integrity and reputation of our business. It is responsible for establishing regulatory policies within the Bank and monitoring changes in economic conditions and regulatory requirements keeping Butterfield is up-to-date with the latest thinking.
What you'll do
• Preparing documentation related to queries arising from law enforcement and other regulatory agencies.
• Preparing compliance on-boarding and periodic review assessments and documentation, liaising with the business as required and making recommendations as to improvements and information required to be in line with Butterfield's standards.
• Reviewing transaction reports and internal suspicious activity reports and alerts, summarising findings; creating packs that can be sent to local MLRO (or delegate) for review and analysis prior to sending to the relative authorities, and additionally preparing/drafting external suspicious activity reports as required for local MLRO (or delegate) for review and analysis.
• Communicating compliance and risk management requirements to internal and external clients; addressing queries and concerns and assisting with the delivery of staff training.
• Notifying management upon any discovery of standards not met with recommendations for rectification or improvement.
• Identifying data quality issues, recommending solutions and implementing change.
• Providing relative data for KRI and MI reporting to Management.
• Supporting the preparation and completion of external due diligence requests.
• Taking ownership of specific tasks as delegated by senior Compliance individuals.
What you'll need
• Minimum of five years' Compliance/Financial Crime experience, or other experience deemed to be equivalent.
• Ability to promptly and appropriately escalate risks and/or failure of standards to be met, to management.
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken (primary language English) with relevant internal stakeholders on Compliance and Financial Crime standards.
• Ability to analyse reports, identify failings and to notify same together with recommendations for remediation.
• Ability to produce and maintain reliable recordkeeping arrangements of activities undertaken to ensure that such records meet internal and external requirements.
• Ability to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, and independently deliver high quality work.
• Technical knowledge and ability to assist in developing and facilitating Compliance and Financial Crime training activities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
• High ethical standards with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with absolute discretion.
• Ability to liaise and communicate competently within a team in order to ensure the effectiveness of the Compliance and Financial analytical activities.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.