We are seeking a strong communicator with excellent analytical skills to join the Client Services team. The Senior CS Analyst is responsible for undertaking on boarding, periodic reviews, trigger reviews and amendments and for ensuring that all allocated cases are executed per the CST procedures and timeframes. The Senior Analyst will also assist the Team Lead when required and mentor the analyst to ensure that they come up to the standards required.
What you'll do
• acting as a subject matter expert on the Bank's global standards and providing mentorship to junior staff
• deputising for Team Leaders during absences
• conducting training for new staff, and assisting local management in delivering ad hoc training in response to changes to standards or procedures
• delivering an exceptional Client experience by providing clear, concise guidance on the Bank's requirements
• developing sufficient competency with Bank systems to assist with the testing of upgrades or enhanced functionalities
• achieving proficiency in onboarding and ongoing monitoring activities relating to the most complex Bank Clients
• conducting Financial Crime risk assessments in order to accurately document the risk profile of each relationship
• ensuring that a detailed Source of Wealth and Funds rationale is held for each relationship, and where required, corroborating this information using public sources or documentation obtained directly from the Client
• undertaking adverse media searches to identify potential high-risk factors
• identifying and reporting high risk or suspicious activities or scenarios to the jurisdictional Compliance team as required
• maintaining quality and productivity targets as agreed with local business stakeholders
What you'll need
• university degree, or appropriate industry experience
• ambitious, with a desire to build a career within the organisation
• excellent English language communication skills (both oral and written)
• strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• practical experience working in a financial services environment
• an advanced understanding of the law, regulation and best practices relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing
• ability to work independently and in a team environment
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.