Adams Green isn't like a traditional accounting firm. We support a small group of purpose driven clients to ensure they have the time and information to do what they do best. We embed ourselves in their organization to become a core part of their team.
We're growing quickly and need someone to help us manage that. That will involve client engagement, supervising junior staff and having responsibility for the quality of client/internal deliverables.
As the ideal candidate you're someone who enjoys the variety provided by working with a group of clients, but want to build deep relationships through more frequent interaction. You're also someone who:
- takes ownership of their work;
- is organized and an effective planner;
- works well within a team and puts others first;
- demonstrates good judgement;
- shows high self-awareness;
- is known for their honesty and integrity.
If that sounds like you we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do
This role will involve a good balance of recurring accounting responsibilities and ad hoc projects. The recurring work will include:
- supervising the work of other team members in the preparation monthly financial reports;
- being responsible for more complex accounting tasks;
- delivering reports and analysis to certain clients;
- working with clients to obtain the necessary inputs to do our work.
Project work will include both customer work and development of our own processes and expansion of our service offerings. Examples include:
- implementing new accounting systems;
- budgeting & dashboard preparation;
- supporting clients who seek financing;
- finding ways to make our team more productive.
What you'll need
The requirements for this role are:
- 4+ years of experience (preferably with an accounting firm);
- A CPA designation;
- A university degree.
Most likely you have received your CPA designation within the last 5 years and are thinking about making a move out of public practice.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Adams Green isn't your average accounting firm. We're on a mission to help entrepreneurs (and their communities) thrive by changing the way their financial management needs are met.
We embed ourselves in their organization, take care of their finances, keep them aware of what's going on, and let them focus on the things that they do best - like grow their business.
- See more at: http://www.adamsgreen.ca/#sthash.xnzP1J9U.dpuf
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This opportunity is ideal for someone who has the itch to leave public practice, but still wants the variety that that environment offers and/or who is not ready to commit to working with one company. It will allow them the chance to work like a Controller or Accounting Manager, but with multiple clients and with much the same support network that is provided in public practice.
In the first couple of years you'll be primarily focused on the internal workings of the Adams Green team while supporting the owners in delivering results to clients. As you grow into the role you'll be given opportunities to take a leadership role with some clients.
We're a proud B Corporation - the first accounting business in Canada to earn the certification. We take pride in with companies that share the same values we do. In fact, over 50% of our revenue comes from other B Corps, social enterprises and non-profits. And our commitment to be a triple bottom line business extends to how we treat our employees. You can count on things like competitive compensation package (including profit sharing, RRSP matching and health benefits), paid time off for volunteering and support for professional development.