PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
We are currently expanding nationally and are looking for a Senior Accountant | Accounting Manager to help us do that! The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Integrity and confidentiality are critical competencies for this role.
What you'll do
- Maintain financial data including: accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Support preparation for year-end work by external accountant
- Draft monthly financial reporting and analyses, including: working papers and variance analysis
- General ledger maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Collection of accounts receivables
- Prepare supporting tax documentation and calculate and remit GST/HST
- Monthly client invoicing
- Support cash flow analysis/forecasting
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis, as required
- Recommend improvements to current reporting models, internal processes and procedures
What you'll need
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Commerce, with a focus in Accounting
- Five to seven years of experience in a financial role
- Accounting designation or near completion of the CPA accounting designation, or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with multi-location/group of companies
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience with Sage accounting software is an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.