The Security Officer will be responsible for the protection of the company assets, patrons and employees against theft, fraud, vandalism and abuse in accordance with the Internal Control Procedures. They will be responsible to comply with safety and security standards of the corporation as well as administering and complying with departmental operations including report writing, investigations, verifications, escorts and the administration of first aid to all patrons and staff.
What you'll do
• Ensures that all company and departmental procedures are followed.
• Maintain Compliance to PEI Gaming Regulations, Age of Majority, etc.
• Resolves guest complaints and ensures that the highest level of guest service is rendered at all times.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by complying with safety procedures, including the use of equipment.
• Identify and forward unsafe conditions or practices to H&S committee for action.
• Responsible for all first aid emergencies while acting as a security officer.
• Detect and report undesirable activities of employees and patrons.
• Assure sensitive/non-sensitive key access are adhered to.
• Responsible for the administration of the Self Exclusion Program at Red Shores.
• Responsible for the transfer of currency throughout the facility, sensitive card transfers, and issuing of fleet vehicles.
• Familiar with and understand Charlottetown's evacuation procedures and carry out emergency procedures as necessary
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
What you'll need
• Post-secondary education in Law & Security or a combination of equivalent work experience and education.
• Requires experience in a related field of one (1) or more years.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Knowledge of computer software applications.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid.
• Responsible Beverage Service Certificate.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
A little bit about us
Red Shores Race Track & Casino
We are proud to be the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility in Atlantic Canada which combines Harness Racing, Dining and Gaming all under one roof.
RED SHORES offers a work environment of growth, challenge and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive training; along with competitive salaries, and benefits program.
With more than 250 employees, the RED SHORES workforce is made up of administrative, front line, technical, professional, and management positions located in the heart of Charlottetown and Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What sets us apart from other employers is our work environment and most important of all…our people.
At RED SHORES you'll have the opportunity to meet and work with people from all aspects and locations of our business - contributing creatively, and knowing you're truly making a difference in our success… and yours!