The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. With a specialty in products for the construction industry, they serve a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Operating on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries to provide the best service for their clients, The Shaw Group puts a strong focus on providing a work environment that recognizes individual and team achievements. Committed to making a positive contribution to the communities and regions they operate in, their base market has grown to include all of North America and they export product all over the world. The Shaw Group is looking for a Second Shift Production Manager to join their Shaw Precast Solutions division.
As the Second Shift Production Manager, you will manage staff at the Shaw Precast facility in Lantz, NS, leading day-to-day activities in the plant and providing mentorship and direction as the facility continues to grow and innovate. You will play a key role in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, which will include projects focused on safety, quality, production efficiency, and data utilization.
What you'll do
- Being a key part of the team implementing the Shaw Manufacturing Way
- Training and developing employees to meet and exceed the expectations of their current role
- Overseeing all daily second shift functions of the plants and its employees, to achieve expected results in a positive work environment
- Instituting operational best practices and reducing process and product variance and costs by driving continuous improvement through Lean activities
- Creating and implementing strategies to optimize plant production to meet the customer's expectations while minimizing operating costs
- Ensuring effective management and utilization of all plant assets
- Working with broader operations team on strategic capital investment opportunities
- Mentoring and developing competencies within teams that lead to improved performance in their current roles and preparing them for future positions
- Reviewing operations expenses against budget, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate actions
- Working collaboratively to improve the results of the company overall and to best serve customers under the "One Shaw" approach.
What you'll need
As an experienced people leader in a construction, production, or operations environment, you have a demonstrated ability to maintain a safe and positive work environment while enhancing productivity. You see safety as vital to the success of a business and you are keen to develop preventative and proactive ways to address safety issues. You are known for your ability to efficiently organize work for your team, hold them accountable, and manage their performance. Additionally, you have an even keeled personality and can effectively problem solve when needed.
Your qualifications include:
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably in a construction/production/manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Experience working in an safety sensitive environment
- Experience collaborating with various areas within an organization and with personnel at all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Lean experience is considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The Shaw Group has been a part of the community for over 160 years and over time has proven to be adaptable and innovative. It's an exciting time to be a part of this ever-evolving organization; as a key contributor, you will play an integral role in the development and enhancement of product offerings, and you'll see the product you help to create being used in a variety of regional projects. Working at a dynamic facility, you will have the opportunity to have a real impact when you come to work every single day. You will play a true leadership role and will have access to future opportunities across The Shaw Group's many divisions.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com