Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadian’s. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
Moosehead has an immediate requirement in the Newfoundland market for a Sales Territory Manager. This position is a one-year contract based in St. John’s, and will service the Newfoundland market.
What you'll do
This successful candidate will be a key sales contributor to the Newfoundland market for Moosehead Breweries.
- Service NLC outlets: service and merchandise local retail locations to improve Moosehead Breweries’ product placement at the point of purchase, increase distribution of our award-winning portfolio, identify any distribution or execution gaps, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work directly with Moosehead leadership to identify and address problems, challenges and opportunities identified in the local market.
- Act as a resource for both the NLC and on-premise customers.
- Service On-Premise customers: prospect and secure new accounts to grow Moosehead Breweries’ licensee business (package & draft sales). The Territory Manager will develop sales plans based on the unique needs of each customer.
- Identify and execute Sponsorships & Event opportunities: prospect and secure sponsorship opportunities. Execute with excellence on-site, to maximize event & brand experience.
- Education: Act as local champion to educate both consumers and customers on brands, products and promotions.
- Ownership of the annual territory sales plan for your respective territory including call planning, account planning, evaluation of promotions and competitive intelligence gathering.
- Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Budget management.
What you'll need
- Previous beverage alcohol, or consumer package goods, sales experience preferred
- An appreciation for beer is considered a strong asset
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Must be able to work flexible hours - evenings and weekends
- Excellent time-management and planning skills, with an ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be competent in the use of computer productivity software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to lift 20 kilogram’s multiple times per day
- Own a reliable vehicle & hold a valid driver’s license (drivers abstract will be required)
- A fiercely competitive spirit.
- A sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (both verbal & written)
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong desire to learn & continuously improve.
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Ability to shape the future of a resilient Canadian family-owned company
- Passionate and collaborative co-workers
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by 5:00pm AST October 27, 2017.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.