Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
McInnes Cooper is seeking motivated and proactive Collections Paralegal to join our Litigation team in our Saint John office. The incumbent will be responsible for providing high quality litigation support for our litigation lawyers within an innovative team support model; working to ensure all clients receive the highest level of service.
What you'll do
As a Collections Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and mailing/emailing Statements of Claim, Demand Letters, Post Judgement letters and filing with the Courts;
- Regularly calling customers to discuss delinquent accounts and attempt to make payment arrangements. Calls to Rogers' customers must be recorded;
- Sending Statements of Claim to process servers for serving;
- Daily monitoring and use of TD Bank's LMM Computer System and Rogers "CollectLink" System to communicate with clients and provide file status updates;
- Preparing default judgment documents and filing with the Courts;
- Searching land registry to check for land ownership by customers;
- Preparing land registry and PPSA documents to register judgments in land registry and Personal Property Registry;
- Invoicing clients though TD Bank's LMM Computer System and Rogers "CollectLink" System;
- Regular contact with clients and service providers;
- Binding Court documents such as affidavits and briefs;
- Processing and sending funds collected to clients; and,
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma or the equivalent combination of experience and related education;
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal within litigation;
- Experience with TD Bank's LMM Computer System and Rogers "CollectLink" System would be an asset;
- Experience in collections work would be an asset;
- Bilingualism an asset (English/French) would be an asset;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, and a genuine interest in keeping up to date with the newest technology;
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits
- Health spending account
- Personal spending account
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team.
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
Moncton Business Development Coordinator
Moncton, NB, CA
Saint John Business Development Coordinator
Saint John, NB, CA
Fredericton Business Development Coordinator
Fredericton, NB, CA
Halifax Foreclosure Legal Assistant
Halifax, NS, CA
Moncton Bilingual (French) Client Service Assistant
Moncton, NB, CA