Work Location: Office, Remote or Hybrid from Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a RPA Developer. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Developer you are responsible for the design, development, management, and adherence to the best practices in robotic process automation. You will bring a solid understanding of the end-to-end solution and be able to participate and provide robot/workflow designs for the development parts of the solution and its integration points. Working with a development team, you will deliver enterprise class automation enhancements and new features to support the business. You act as a technical resource that focuses on automation technologies in small to large scale projects, as well as mentoring and supporting other team members.
Closing: May 28, 2023
What you'll do
- Translate business requirements into detailed design specifications & code using recommended best practices and workflow principles that are efficient and well structured.
- Testing the implemented RPA solution, ensuring it meets the defined requirements.
- Create & maintain appropriate documentation and facilitate final delivery.
- Work on general maintenance of automated solutions including enhancements and working with the controller to troubleshoot production issues and provide timely solutions.
- Collaborate with clients and business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during the development to production deployment cycle.
- Work with the team to investigate and analyze problem areas, identify opportunities for improvement to maximize efficiency for a business model.
- Leverage industry best practices and recommend automation solutions including architectural and technical designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Operate within a highly motivated work environment and team.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in programming languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, MS SQL).
- Experience working with RPA Platforms, ie: UiPath
- Experience architecting and developing workflow-based solutions or functionality.
- Ability to consult and direct needs for automation centered around business processes.
- Experience with any of the major RPA platforms, understanding of core concepts within.
- Experience in programming and managing a robotic workforce.
- Proven experience with VB.NET, or C#.
- Experience with web automation and automated data gathering (web scraping and APIs).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft operating systems and office applications.
- Experience in building graphical user interfaces.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques, and technologies.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Willingness and aptitude to participate in training of robot development and automation methodologies in order to become increasingly proficient in the field of RPA.
- Excellent time management skills, and comfortable managing their work in a proactive way.
- Result-oriented with an ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple initiatives and develop solutions where plans may not exist.
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player.
- Experience working with existing computer vision and/or machine learning libraries.
- API Integrations in RPA.
- Experience rolling out large scale enterprise RPA projects.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 13 paid statutory holidays.
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which includes meeting expectations on their last performance review. Performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, attendance, mandatory training, and other performance related items will also be taken into consideration when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.