Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management & Investigations, the Risk and Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the business from an Enterprise Risk Management standpoint: assisting with the implementation and progression of AL’s enterprise risk management framework; providing risk management support on corporate projects and initiatives; conducting risk assessments to identify and assess operational and strategic risks; and managing AL’s corporate insurance portfolio.
What you'll do
- Provide the business with risk management advice (including facilitating risk assessments) on corporate and departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations so that the business is aware of its risks, understands the risks it is accepting, and implements mitigations to effectively manage those risks.
- Execute the implementation and advancement of AL’s enterprise risk management (ERM) framework, involving: aligning identified risks to corporate strategic objectives, assessing risks against corporate risk tolerances, and managing AL’s risk management system.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of operational, strategic, financial, governance, regulatory, and external risks in adherence to AL’s ERM.
- Coordinate with Directors and business leads to produce a Quarterly Risk Report that summarizes the key internal and external risks facing AL; the status of AL’s risk mitigation efforts; and notable emerging risks. This key deliverable is provided to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Manage AL’s corporate insurance portfolio; review coverage, complete annual renewals, manage relationship with brokers, and support the business on RFPs and general inquiries.
- Provide policy advice and expertise to the organization in developing corporate policies that align to AL’s corporate policy framework.
What you'll need
- You have an accounting designation and/or other relevant certification such as CRM, CRISC, CIA, or completed an MBA.
- Ideal candidates will have 2-5 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Project Risk Management, and/or IT Risk Management.
- Gaming industry experience is a definite asset.
- You are proficient with governance, risk and control concepts and practices.
- You have superior analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- You have strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation, and facilitation skills.
- You are comfortable interacting with all levels within an organization.
- You have strong prioritization and organization skills.
- You have the ability to influence others.
- You have the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- You have the ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured framework with clearly defined deliverables.
- You have the ability to effectively develop and deliver recommendations and presentations.
- You are creative, innovative and strategic thinker.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island.
The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees and offers everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the Internet.
With games come winners – more than 90,000 big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when anyone plays, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities - Atlantic Lottery has returned more than $8.9 billion in profit back to our communities. Every day Atlantic Lottery's employees demonstrate our shared commitment to social responsibility, operational integrity and to making a difference across Atlantic Canada.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in applying for this position, click Apply Now before October 20.