The Retail Key Account Manager will be responsible for developing a long-term growth plan with the assigned key customers. You will work closely with the Commercial Team to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions that will meet our customers’ needs and Moosehead’s goals.
What you'll do
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the customers (LCBO, TBS, Grocery and others in future)
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customers
- Communicate clearly the progress vs. plan on a weekly, monthly and quarterly bases of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Present National and Global insights on category trends engaging customers with our industry leading products
- Deliver profit from effective Key Account Management aligned with Corporate priorities
- Develop detailed forecasts for budgets, sales targets and demand planning
- Works closely with Sales Leadership to develop sales execution plans with key customers and channels.
- Work closely with marketing to establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, changing trends, economic indicators, and supply and demand.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to Commercial Team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 5 years experience Key Account Management in the CPG or Beverage Alcohol environment.
- Proven account management, relationship development and strong interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented, sets high standards, focused on results with demonstrated ability to meet sales goals.
- Dynamic and self-motivated
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential.
- Negotiation skills (strong influencing & communication skills are a must)
- Solid understanding of and ability to bring together financial performance indicators, brand management principles and effective selling skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Post secondary graduate in a related discipline
- Given the nature of our business it requires working flexible hours and may include evenings and weekends.
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.