Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double deckers buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Sales and Customer Service Representatives at Ambassatours are the direct connection from customers to sales in all retail spaces, sales kiosks, by phone, and promotional areas (such as boardwalk). The primary objective of this team is to motivate potential customers to purchase by offering them information, matching their interests to product, and by providing prompt and professional sales transactions. There is also an important customer service component to the position which involves assisting guests by providing information about how to navigate the waterfront area as well as facilitating check-in and boarding procedures for some tours.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Reservation's Manager & Reservation's Supervisor the Sales and Customer Service Representative will be responsible for the following duties:
- Keeping workstations well-supplied with required materials
- Maintaining tidiness, cleanliness, and orderliness of workstations and retail area
- Following all protocols for staff and guest safety with customers
- Thorough knowledge of tour options
- Connecting with customers, listening and providing high quality customer service
- Conducting sales transactions
- Upselling as appropriate
- Taking personal responsibility for proactively matching customer interests to available products
- Consistently modelling customer service excellence always when in view or hearing of customers or when interacting directly with customers
- Accepting customer feedback with sincere interest and thanks.
- Taking personal responsibility and be committed with a sincere and genuine interest to resolving customer complaints
- Assisting with monitoring seat availability on tours
- Facilitating check-in and boarding procedure for some tours while welcoming guests with Supervisors/Managers
- Reporting customer or product issues promptly
- Requesting authorization of discounts or refunds from supervisors
- Taking instruction about focus of sales for any given date or time period
- Communicating effectively regarding scheduling and availability
Following all company-approved cash handling procedures
Ensuring that secure credit card procedures are followed
Setting up cash at beginning of shift
Balancing cash at cash out and sign off on any cash related paperwork
What you'll need
- Autumn availabilty is required on weekdays.
- Customer service experience (minimum 1 year)
- Experience working with cash, computers, ipads, and POS systems Assets
- Strong preference will be shown to candidates able to speak fluently in French
- Customer service training
- Sales training
- WHIMIS certified
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double decker buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Ambassatours Gray Line is proud to be both Rainbow Registered and Certified as an Age Friendly employer, committed to providing our employees a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Approved Apparel Employee wears company branded apparel
- Hours Full time and part time positions available, seasonal contract, irregular hours including weekends and holidays
Ambassatours Gray Line is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of employment equity for all applicants and employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ambassatours are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of age, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, or any other of the protected characteristics as per the Human Rights act of Nova Scotia. Ambassatours will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.