As Research Scientist in IMV's Research and Development team you will lead the development and execution of laboratory studies to support preclinical cancer research. In this role you will analyse, interpret and present findings to cross functional internal teams and external stakeholders, take the lead in developing new projects, while providing mentorship to others in the team. Additionally, you will be involved in the writing and review of reports, manuscripts and poster presentations, as well as preparing technical documentation that complies with IMV's Quality Management System.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
What you'll do
- Lead and participate in immune assays (ELISPOT, ICS staining and functional flow cytometry, ELISA)
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and partners
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Training, mentoring and supervising members
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and time
- Work cross-functionally between Clinical Translational and R&D groups
- Prepare technical documents, manuscripts and regulatory documents
What you'll need
- Graduate or postgraduate training in Immunology; PhD or MSc with at least 10 years' experience in lab-based research
- 3-5 years of related experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding and application of GLP and GCP/ICH guidelines
- Technical knowledge in immune assays and their analysis: ELISPOT, flow cytometry, ELISA
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals of immunology, immune oncology, tumor biology and molecular biology
- Experience with preclinical in vivo models
- Experience with cell culture (primary mouse cells, human and mouse cell lines)
- High standards for performed work and a strong work ethic
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills, excellent judgment, and multitasking skills, ability to work well in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with a positive attitude
- Ability to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload with particular attention to detail
- Effective trouble-shooting
- Time management and organizational aptitude
We're looking for
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company that has the potential to make history by developing a first-in-class effective T cell-targeted immune therapy for cancer. We have built an unprecedented delivery platform (DPX) that generates targeted immune cells directly into the human body, which produces robust, and sustained capabilities to destroy cancer. DPX is the engine that drives our lead drug candidate, Maveropepimut-S (DPX-Survivac), which has successfully completed multiple Phase 1/1b trials, generating best-in-class results in advanced recurrent ovarian cancer and Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL).
Our Platform Enables a Strong, Sustained Immune Response
The unique "no-release" mechanism of action of our DPX Platform allows antigen-presenting cells (APCs) to be attracted to the injection site, facilitating antigen presentation to immune cells. All our immunotherapies and vaccines candidates are formulated with the DPX platform, giving them the ability to generate, in vivo, a targeted, robust and sustained immune response against cancer cells or viruses.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the "Apply Now" button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until August 27th 2021
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.