Work Location: Office, Remote or Hybrid from Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Research Lead. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As the Research Lead you are responsible for leading research projects to satisfy defined strategic or business objectives. Specifically, you will ensure that the research program produces rich insights, with a high degree of data integrity, while continuously looking for innovative methodologies. To support this goal, you must decide on the methodology and techniques for conducting the research, and lead the development of research instruments, analysis and final reporting. You will be responsible for reviewing research related fieldwork, validating collected data, conducting advanced analysis, write reports and communicate results.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled or interviews begin.
What you'll do
Research Methodologies: Guides the organization with their research technical expertise in conceptualizing and developing qualitative and quantities methodologies. Has the ability to listen to a key business challenge (or identify one) and work with internal stakeholders to develop research initiatives to collect and analyze data to better understand and find solutions to the problem. Acts as an advisor to internal stakeholders with all research related activities.
Compliance: Ensures that all primary research and AL's Insiders online panel meet legal and operational requirements of AL. This includes the proactive understanding of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), Atlantic Canada bilingualism requirements and market research best practices.
Quality Management: All research is designed, planned, executed and reported on with a high expectation of quality. The Research Lead oversees all aspects of research initiatives to ensure efforts meet the level of quality required by AL.
Project Management: Oversees the commissioning of research and the online panel, in coordination with schedules, negotiating and liaising with research suppliers and key users of the research to ensure the research is suitable to meet project needs. This includes RPF development, scoring and award. SOW requests, evaluations and agreement.
Stakeholder Engagement: Encounters a diverse range of operational, strategic and technical challenges that require analytical, interpretative, evaluative and constructive within with a diverse range of stakeholders. Uses comprehensive interpersonal and communications skills to build consensus.
Best Practices: Continue ongoing evaluation of research tools and emerging techniques and technology to ensure AL remains up to date on ideal methods and processes.
Budget and Timeline: Oversee the implementation and delivery of all audience research to ensure the quality and completion within budget and deadline requirements, managing project research budgets.
Research Execution: Understands and follows policies and principles, acting within the realm of understanding to execute studies. Research output includes insight to inform decisions related to product development, service enhancements and operational. Results have a direct and significant impact on key performance objectives.
Analysis: Analyze and synthesize data into management level insights that business users can turn into actionable initiatives.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- Degree in marketing, market research, statistics, computer science, math, business communication, social science, business or associated field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Experience of managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and constrained conditions.
- Experience in managing qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Strong experience of designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research, including ability to conduct one-on-one discussions and focus groups.
- Expert in SPSS, or SAS data analysis (including multivariate and segmentation techniques).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- A proactive problem solver with planning, coordination, and leadership skills;
- Self-starter and an independent thinker who follows-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills;
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling, segmentation and analysis of data;
- An ability to communicate with stakeholders from diverse functional areas and can convey complex data in tangible business terms;
- Confident presentation skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Online research platform experience, including programming surveys, pulling analytics and reporting (Survey Monkey an asset);
- A desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
- Formal training as a Qualitative research moderator/facilitator.
- Gaming experience.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 12 paid statutory holidays (in NB).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which includes meeting expectations on their last performance review. Performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, attendance, mandatory training, and other performance related items will also be taken into consideration when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.