Reporting to the Director of Clinical Translational Research, the Research Associate will be involved in the laboratory studies to support clinical-translational research activities at IMV. The Research Associate will be responsible for the development and execution of various immune-monitoring assays on clinical biospecimens supporting the mechanism of action studies. The potential candidate will work closely with Translational Research scientists to analyze, review and interpret clinical/ translational data and will be involved in writing clinical documents, study plans, technical documentation that complies with IMV's Quality Management System.
What you'll do
- Develop, optimize, and execute various immune-monitoring assays (e.g. ELISpot, ICS staining and functional flow cytometry)
- Handle, manage and process human biospecimens including plasma, PBMC, tumor tissues etc.
- Review, analyze and interpret clinical immune-monitoring data
- Prepare sample inventories, study-specific documents, and help in writing manuscripts and regulatory documents
- Work cross-functionally between Clinical and R&D groups to ensure proper transition from R&D to clinical studies
- Project management and development
What you'll need
- Graduate (MSc) in Immunology/ Molecular Medicine/ Biological Sciences or relevant field (highly preferred). BSc with relevant experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years of independent research experience for MSc candidates and 3+ years for BSc candidates (preferably in biotech/ pharma industry)
- Strong understanding and hands-on working experience in immune-oncology and translational biomarker development
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with various immune-monitoring assays and data analysis: ELISPOT, flow cytometry, IHC etc.
- Technical knowledge/ understanding of immune-genomics (plus)
- Good understanding and application of GLP (required) and GCP/ICH guidelines (asset)
- Detail oriented team player with excellent project management skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to making immunotherapy more effective, more broadly applicable, and more widely available to people facing cancer and other serious diseases. IMV is pioneering a new class of cancer-targeted immunotherapies and vaccines based on the Company's proprietary drug delivery platform. This patented technology leverages a novel mechanism of action that enables the programming of immune cells in vivo, which are aimed at generating powerful new synthetic therapeutic capabilities. IMV's lead candidate, DPX-Survivac, is a T cell-activating immunotherapy that combines the utility of the platform with a target: survivin. IMV is currently assessing DPX-Survivac as a monotherapy in advanced ovarian cancer, as well as a combination therapy in multiple clinical studies with Merck. IMV is also developing a DPX-based vaccine to fight against COVID-19. Visit www.imv-inc.com and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the "Apply Now" button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until July 3rd 2020
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.