HealthConnect is hiring again!
We are presently searching for a Medical Information Associate (MIA) to support Canadian medical information services on behalf of our client, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche)
This is a customer facing role that engages in the scientific exchange of medical information (verbal and written) with patients/caregivers, health care professionals and internal colleagues concerning the therapeutic use, safety and quality of Roche pharmaceutical products and the disease areas of focus for Roche products to provide balanced, accurate, ethical and timely information.
What you'll do
Key Responsibilities include:
- Documenting, understanding and responding to medical questions on Roche pharmaceutical products from customers
- Using interpretive and analytical skills, and knowledge of medicine/science to perform research of the medical literature (e.g. Medline, Biosis, Embase) and Roche information systems
- Initial collection/processing of spontaneous adverse events on Roche marketed products in accordance with local/global policies and timelines
- Initial collection/processing of product complaints on Roche marketed products in accordance with local/global policies and timelines.
What you'll need
Who you are:
- Healthcare professional (e.g. Pharmacist, Nurse, Physician) preferred, with a recognized (Canadian equivalence) degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with direct exposure to patient care activities in a hospital, community or medical information setting; Medical information experience a plus.
- Fluency in French/English (verbal and written) required.
- Strong therapeutic knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Medical literature researching/scientific writing experience an asset.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required for appropriate customer questioning and active listening.
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to manage multiple activities.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to work independently and in a secure Work from Home environment; Candidate must be physically located in Canada.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Google applications and Microsoft Office software, navigation of new databases, efficiency in typing and troubleshooting.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who are we?
We are HealthConnect Inc. A privately-owned Canadian company with a 28-year track record for delivering support services in regulated industries. The company manages patient care programs on behalf of pharmaceutical, medical device, nutritional and animal health companies. Programs have been designed for health care professionals, patients, consumers and the pharmaceutical industry since 1991.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
To apply for this position please send Resume to HealthConnect:
We thank you for your interest however only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.