Crosbie Salamis Limited (CSL) provides multi-disciplinary fabric maintenance support services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. The company's scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, radio operations and rigging and slinging.
Crosbie Salamis Limited is currently looking to hire a Regular Rotation Radio Operator for the Hibernia Platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate all communication equipment;
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections and routine tests in order to ensure that operations standards are met
- Maintain station logs of messages transmitted and received;
- Monitor emergency frequencies;
- Establish and maintain radio contact with helicopter traffic to and from the platform;
- Send, receive, and interpret coded messages;
- Broadcast weather reports and warnings; and
- Adopt safe working practices and promote safety awareness.
- Possess a valid Restricted Radio Operator certificate;
- Possess a valid Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) certificate;
- Experience with radio communications;
- General understanding of marine operations associated with offshore;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; and
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Please submit your completed resume including relevant certificates to the following address:
Attention: Human Resources Department
Crosbie Salamis Limited
PO Box 398, St. John's, NL A1C 5J9
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
Crosbie Salamis Limited values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications form all qualified candidates.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
A little bit about us
The Crosbie family's involvement in Newfoundland and Labrador business began in 1858 with the arrival of George Crosbie in Brigus. In 1881, George moved to St. John's and the family business has been headquartered there ever since. His son John, subsequently Sir John, expanded into many diverse businesses and founded Crosbie and Company Limited at the turn of the century.
Sir John Crosbie's legacy of entrepreneurship, public service and philanthropy has set the standard for three successive generations of the family. The Crosbie Group limited is now in its 5th generation as a family business and has sustained the spirit of the company's last 100 plus years by continuing its involvement in industries that have been at the core of its success, while branching into the emerging and evolving sectors that the province has come to offer.
In March of 2019 it was announced that Crosbie Group has been named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row . The Canada's Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence in privately-owned Canadian companies and symbolizes companies who are focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy. We are very proud to have joined a very inspiring group of companies sharing this designation.
Currently the Group's interests are concentrated in the following four principle areas:
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Onshore Industrial
- Real Estate