Position: Registration Clerk (Maternity Leave Replacement until October 2020)
Department: The Language Centre (TLC)
Annual Salary: $33,283 - $38,202 + 4% in lieu of vacation (Group 4)
Under the general supervision of the Director, The Language Centre, the Registration Clerk is responsible for administering the program admission and registration for The Language Centre (TLC) students.
What you'll do
Duties as the Registration Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting visitors and students; responding to inquiries and/or directing visitors to appropriate staff members or other contacts
- Processing homestay, residence and airport reception applications.
- Processing application and admission documents for university and international partner groups.
- Processing acceptances and entering student data in Banner.
- Identifying and processing cancellations, deferrals, no-shows, withdrawals and late registrations.
- Creating and sending weekly registration updates to Enrolment Services for University Bridging Program students.
- Creating and sending monthly registration updates to Residence Life for UBP students.
- Maintaining and sending weekly meal plan lists to Aramark for residence students.
- Preparing and distributing mail merges of registration letters and packages, including acceptance letters, immigration letters, enrolment confirmations, financial letters and conditional acceptance letters.
- Regularly reviews departmental website for accurate informaiton.
- Processing and registering students for group or individual placement tests accordingly
- Maintains bi-monthly spreadsheet to manage visa, study permits and passports for incoming students, conducts follow-ups as required
- Maintains retention spreadsheet; contacts students for extension as required
- Processing official transcript requests.
- Creating and updating weekly PowerPoint information slides for student viewing on the lobby monitor display.
- Stocking and maintaining information brochures for The Language Centre programs.
- Informing IRCC on student information related to Visa denials.
- Identifying and processing bi-monthly health insurance waivers for eligible student.
- Reviewing, improving and updating program, housing and miscellaneous application forms.
- Initial point of contact for registration and financial inquiries from prospective and current students, family/friends, agents, scholarship bureaus, international partners and visitors.
- Explaining programs and application processes and requirements in detail via e-mail, telephone and in person.
- Providing support to Accommodation Assistants, Cultural Assistants and Student Assistants.
- Assisting Director during time of absence from the office to support the Director's request.
- Receiving, recording and reconciling daily payments and issuing receipts through Banner and POS machine including program deposits, accomodaiton fees, health insurance, textbook and resource fees, meal plans, application fees, contract groups, external invoice payment and other miscellaneous payments.
- Preparing weekly departmental bank deposits including daily cash and POS deposits and submitting daily and monthly reports to Financial Services.
- Producing and distributing bi-monthly invoices to government scholarship bureaus.
- Creating and maintaining bi-monthly spreadsheet to manage accounts receivable in addition to manually calculating balances owing for each individual student, issuing invoices and conducting weekly follow-up with students.
- Identifying and placing holds on delinquent student accounts which may result in withholding registration and academic details for the delinquent account.
- Under the supervision of the Director, coordinating, prioritizing and organizing duties of student assistants.
- Assisting the Director with interviews for student assistant positions and assisting with the training of new student assistants.
What you'll need
To be the successful Registration Clerk you will possess a High School graduation plus one (1) year community college business diploma and a minimum one (1) year related experience. You demonstrate cross-cultural communication skills, strong customer service skills and a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Banner considered an asset.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: January 9, 2020 Competition Closes: January 19, 2020
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus.
Financial Aid & Awards Officer (1 Year Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month LTA - Int. Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA
Institutional Researcher (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month, Full-Time Sessional Appointment, Assistant Professor - Department of Psychology
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month Limited Term Appointment, Assistant Professor - International Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA